MS in Physiology and Biophysics Program Curriculum & Guidelines
- Masters Program Code: 20FS1584MS
- Anticipated length of Program: 2 years
- Research-based Course Work First Year
- Research Rotations Optional
Application & Guidelines
The MS Physiology & Biophysics program is not accepting students for the Fall 2021 term.
- PHYB 551 - Human Physiology I
- PHYB 571 - Clinical Application of Physiology 1
- PHYB 591 - Departmental Seminar. Students are required to attend 2/3 of the Seminars.
- PHYB 598 - Thesis Research (2 or 3 credits)
- GC470 - Essentials of Animal Research
- GC501 - Scientific Integrity and Responsible Research
- PHYB 552 - Human Physiology II
- PHYB 572 - Clinical Application of Physiology 2
- PHYB 591 - Departmental Seminar
- PHYB 598 - Thesis Research (4 credits)
Students should work full-time in a laboratory during the summer semester between the first and second years. They should register for PHYB 598 with at least 8 credits hours.
- PHYB 591 - Departmental Seminar (fall and spring semesters)
- PHYB 598 - Thesis Research (12 credits for the fall and winter semester and 8 credits for the summer semester). Register with the Thesis Advisor for fall and spring semesters.
- PHYB 595 - Journal Club and Seminar in Physiology (Required for the tern of graduation).