MS in Physiology and Biophysics Application Process
Masters Program Code: 20FS1584MS
Anticipated length of Program: 2 years
Research-based Course Work First Year
Research Rotations Optional
MS Students may be able to negotiate a part-time appointment with an individual faculty member, but faculty support is independent of the department. MS Students will have a three-member committee. The committee will meet at least twice, once at the inception of the thesis project and once after defense.
Apply for graduate admission to UIC by using the University of Illinois Online Graduate Application, selecting "Domestic Degree Seeking" or "International Degree Seeking" from Section 2, based on your status. During the application process you will be asked to select your major. Be sure to choose "MS Physiology and Biophysics" from the dropdown menu. The Program Code for MS in Physiology and Biophysics is 20FS1584MS.
UIC Application Fees
Application fees may be paid online via credit card at the time you submit your application. Under certain circumstances the application fee may be waived, see Application Fee Waiver Program.
Domestic students: $70.00
Foreign students: $70.00
Department Required Documents
In addition to the UIC Application, students applying for Graduate Admission must upload the following documents directly to their admissions checklist.
- Personal Statement: Succinct description of your background and why you are interested in the program.
- GRE Scores: Request ETS to send your official scores to Univ of Illinois at Chicago: Institution Code 1851, Dept Code for Physiology 0217. (Minimum scores for admission to the department are GRE V: 153; GRE Q: 146; GRE A: 3.5.)
- TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE Scores (English equivalency test): : Request ETS to send your official scores to Univ of Illinois at Chicago: Institution Code 1851, Dept Code for Physiology 49.
- Transcripts: Transcripts from all postsecondary institutions must be uploaded to the Admissions checklist. If the transcripts are not in English, you must provide the original language document and a certified translation. If the proof of degree is not in English, you must provide the original language document and a certified translation.
- Three letters of Recommendation: Recommenders will submit through the application portal.
- Waiver of Stipend Form: Download form
Interviews for chosen candidates are scheduled and held locally at the UIC Medical School campus. In extenuating circumstances (i.e., foreign students), the Admissions Committee may waive the interview requirement or conduct phone interviews.
Interested students are strongly encouraged to complete the UIC and Department application requirements by January 15 to guarantee full consideration. The application deadline for domestic applicants is May 15 and for international applicants is February 15.
Email Address firstname.lastname@example.org