MS in Medical Physiology Program Curriculum & Guidelines
- Masters Program Code: 20FS5512MS
- Anticipated length of Program: 1 year
The Master of Science in Medical Physiology (MSMP) is an intensive, full-time one-year program with an emphasis on human physiology, clinical applications of physiology, gross anatomy, neuroscience, stem cells, and exposure to the latest literature and research in physiology. Graduates of the program will be prepared to continue studies in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and other medical professions, or pursue careers in teaching, regulatory oversight, basic or clinical research in academic or pharmaceutical settings. Classes will be taught primarily by faculty in the College of Medicine. There are no guarantees regarding interviews or admissions to the UIC medical school, but the program is designed to provide a strong foundation in medical physiology and anatomy that will serve our students well in their professional school careers.
- Baccalaureate degree in the chemical/physical/biological sciences or pre-med program (or similar degree).
- GPA: At least 3.0/4.0 cumulative for the final 60 semester hours (90 quarter hours) of undergraduate studies and at least 3.0/4.0 in science courses. These are the minimum requirements- in most cases, admitted students will have higher GPA’s.
- MCAT, GRE or DAT- Competitive scores: MCAT: 65% or higher; GRE: 60% in each sub-score or higher; DAT: 17 or higher.
Program OutcomesProfessional school admittance rates for MSMP graduates:
1st cohort (2017): 58% admission
2nd cohort (2018): 100% admission
3rd cohort (2019): 92% admission
4th cohort (2020):
5th cohort (2021): Still applying – statistics not available yet
6th cohort (2022): Recently graduated- statistics not available yet
Application and Guidelines
|Fall Semester - Course Title||Credits||Director|
Human Physiology I
Clinical Applications of Physiology I
Special Topics In Physiology and Biophysics
Gross Human Anatomy
|Spring Semester - Course Title||Credits||Director|
Human Physiology II
Clinical Applications of Physiology II
Case Studies in Clinical Anatomy
Additional Notes & Requirements
Total of 33 hours post-baccalaureate is required for the MSMP program. Tuition waivers are not accepted for the MSMP program. MS Medical Physiology students are not eligible for departmental funding. For more information, or if you have further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org